If you don’t want to risk losing your data, you should regularly backup your blog posts, pages and comments. Backing up your Blogger content can also be useful when you are switching your blog to another blogging platform like WordPress.
We have already discussed how to backup and restore your Blogger template in our previous article. This tutorial will guide you how to backup all content of your Blogger blog including posts, pages and comments.
Backup your blog posts, pages & comments
Blogger has made it super easy to backup your blog content in a .xml file. Follow this step-by-step guide –
- First, login to your Blogger Dashboard.
- Go to Settings and click “Others” option from the sub-menu.
- Under Import & back up section, click “Back up content” button.
- Now a pop up box will open. Tap “Save to your computer” button to download a backup of your blog. That’s it.
You can open the downloaded xml file with any text editor application like Notepad++. Note that, this backup xml file doesn’t contain your blog template and widgets.
How to import content into your blog
You can import posts and comments from the .xml files into your Blogger blog. Follow these steps –
- Again login to your Blogger Dashboard.
- Go to Settings > Others.
- Click “Import content” button under Import & back up section.
- Now click “Import from computer” button and choose the .xml file from your computer.
Once uploaded, all the imported posts, comments and pages will be published on your blog automatically, sorted by date and merged with the previous content.
So that’s how you can import content into your Blogger blog. If you want to ask something this tutorial, you can share it in the comment section.