- widget_css_bundle.css – This file contains all the default CSS of Blogger template and widgets (such as popular posts, contact form, comment CSS etc.)
- authorization.css – This is another small CSS file targeting your BlogID specifically.
Pros and cons of removing Blogger’s default files
- Login to your Blogger account and go to Theme > Edit HTML.
- Now find </head> tag in the template editor.
- Add b:css=’false’ b:js=’false’ attribute in the head tag so it looks like something like this:
<html b:css='false' b:js='false' xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml' xmlns:b='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/b' xmlns:data='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/data' xmlns:expr='http://www.google.com/2005/gml/expr' xmlns:fb='http://ogp.me/ns/fb#' xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'>
Note: We recommend to take a backup of your Blogger template before making any changes in it.
- Finally, tap the “Save theme” button to save the changes. That’s it.
Now view the source code of your blog and you will find that widget_css_bundle.css and widget.js file has been removed. Unluckily, this method won’t remove the authorization.css and plusone.js files.
Remove Blogger’s default JS & CSS link using HTML comments
- Login to your Blogger Dashboard and go to Theme > Edit HTML.
- Click anywhere in the template editor and press CTRL+F to open the search box.
- Type <b:skin><![CDATA[*/ and press enter button to search it.
- Replace this code with the following code:
<style type="text/css"> <!– /*<b:skin><![CDATA[*/]]></b:skin> <style type=’text/css’>
- Now find ]]></b:skin> code and replace it with </script>.
- Similarly, find </body> tag at the end of the template HTML and replace it with the following code:
- Finally, tap the “Save theme” button.
This method will remove widget_css_bundle.css, widget.js and plusone.js files from your Blogger blog.
Remove authorization.css link in Blogger
Unfortunately, the above methods can’t remove the authorization.css file. In order to remove it, you have to change the </head> tag in your Blogger template. Simply, go to Theme > Edit HTML and click anywhere in the template editor.
After this, press CTRL+F shortcut key to open the search box and find </head> tag. Now replace it with the following code: