Earlier, you are allowed to forward messages to any number of chats at the same time. In order to reduce the forwarding of spam messages, WhatsApp has now limited the use of forwarding feature to only 5 chats at once in India (globally, this limit is 20 chats).
Here we have a simple workaround to bypass this restriction. This tutorial will guide you how to forward messages on WhatsApp to more than 5 people at once using WhatsApp broadcast list.
Send WhatsApp messages to more than 5 chats at once
WhatsApp has a broadcast list feature which allows you to send messages to multiple chats at once. Unlike WhatsApp group, the messages via broadcast list are sent to the recipient in their individual chats.
You can add up to 256 members in a WhatsApp broadcast list which means that you can forward a message to 256 people at the same time. This feature of WhatsApp is still unknown to many people and we guess you also haven’t used it yet.
This step-by-step guide shows you how to create a WhatsApp broadcast list and forward a message to multiple chats at once –
- Open WhatsApp and tap the menu button (three-dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click “New broadcast” option.
- Select the contacts you want to add in the broadcast list and then tap the tick button.
- You have successfully created a new WhatsApp broadcast list. To change the name of your broadcast list, go to the broadcast list info and tap the pencil edit icon.
- Now when you are prompted to select the chats while forwarding a message on WhatsApp, select this broadcast list and the message will be forwarded to all the members of this list individually.
In case of WhatsApp group, people are allowed to reply in the group chat, but in case of WhatsApp broadcast list, you will receive reply messages from the recipients in their individual private chat.
Note: WhatsApp broadcast lists are private i.e., the recipient won’t be able to know that you have added him in a broadcast list.
You can create a separate broadcast list for your friends, family and colleagues. This will help you to organize your WhatsApp chats so that you can easily forward messages to a specific group of people at once.
We hope you liked this simple trick to bypass WhatsApp restriction which limits you to forward messages to only 5 chats at once. If you find this guide helpful, please share it with your WhatsApp contacts via broadcast list.