The privacy of your Instagram story is based on your account privacy. If you have a private account, only those people who are following will be able to see your story. On the other hand, if you have a public account, then anyone can see your story even if the person isn’t following you.
Some Instagram stories are bit personal and you want to share them your close friends only. Instagram already has an option to hide your story from particular users. You can also mute other user’s stories from appearing in your news feed.
Now Instagram has rolled out a new feature for the story called Close Friends list, which allows you to share your story with specific people only. Here’s everything you need to know about this new feature of Instagram.
How to share your Instagram story with close friends list
Close friends list lets you choose people who you want to share your personal Instagram stories with. You can add any number of people in your close friends list, including those people also who you’re not following.
While adding a new Instagram story, you will be asked to choose whether you want to share it with everyone or with just your close friends only.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to add people to your close friends list and share your Instagram story with specific people only –
- First, open Instagram app. Make sure that you are using the latest version of Instagram app. If not, then update it from your phone’s respective app store.
- Now go to your profile and tap the menu button (three parallel lines at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click “Close Friends” option and go to the Suggestions tab.
- Tap the “Add” button next to the user who you want to add to your close friends list. Based on your past interactions with other accounts, Instagram will suggest you to add some people to your close friends list. You can also find people by searching their usernames.
- Once you have added people to your close friends list, tap the “Done” button.
- Now when you will add a new Instagram story, you will see an option to share it with your close friends.
Note: Stories shared with close friends have a green color circle around the story icon, unlike the normal Instagram stories which have a multi-color circle.
This green circle lets people know that you have shared your story with close friends only, but they won’t be able to view your list.
Instagram can make this feature better by giving the user the ability to create multiple lists so that people can manage their friends, family, colleagues and other followers separately.
So that’s how you can share your Instagram story with specific people only using close friends list. Let us know your views on this new feature of Instagram. If you want to ask something about this tutorial, feel free to share it in the comment section.