Instagram is also bringing new features in stories to make sharing fun and engage more and more people. You can add stickers, GIFs, emojis, text and apply different filters to photos in Instagram stories. As we have discussed in our previous post, you also can add your stories to highlights on your profile.
Recently, a new feature is added by Instagram which allow users to add music in stories. Instagram has teamed up with various music companies, but due to some licensing issues, this feature is currently not available in some countries including India also.
If you have ever come across Instagram stories which have music in them, the app will display a message – “Instagram music isn’t available in your region” as shown in the below picture.
Are you also getting this message and you want to try out the new Instagram music feature? Here we have a simple workaround which can help you to fix Instagram music isn’t available in your region and you can add music to your Instagram story.
Fix Instagram music isn’t available in your region
There is a simple way to add music to your Instagram stories by using a VPN (stands for Virtual Private Network) app on your phone. Instagram has all the information about your IP address and it can easily find out where you are located.
When you are connected to the internet, the data is directly transferred to and from your phone. VPN will encrypt the data and transfer it through an intermediate server. VPN will also mask your IP address and replace it with a new one so you can access geo-restricted content.
By using an intermediate server which is located in a region where Instagram music is available, you can add easily music to your Instagram stories. There are a number of free VPN apps available on Google Play Store (for Android) and App Store (for iPhone).
One of our favorite VPN apps for Android is Ultrasurf. This app doesn’t have any annoying ads and it is absolutely free. Ultrasurf has a very simple user interface and you can quickly connect to the VPN with just a one-tap. Though, it doesn’t allow users to select the server location manually.
This step-by-step guide shows you how to fix Instagram music isn’t available in your region –
- Download and install Ultrasurf or any other VPN app on your phone.
- Open the app and turn on the VPN service button.
If the VPN app allows you to select the server location manually, choose a server from United States or United Kingdom as Instagram music is available in these countries.
- Now you need to reinstall Instagram app in your phone.
Simply, go to Phone Settings > Apps > Instagram and tap the “Uninstall” button. After this, go to Google Play Store and install Instagram app again.
Note: It is important to turn on the VPN service first before reinstalling it. As your location is changed, so now you are installing a different version of Instagram app which has a music feature in it.
- Next, open Instagram app and login to your account.
- Tap “Your story” at the top-left corner of the screen or swipe right to add a new story.
- Now choose a photo or video in which you want to add Instagram music. Or you can move to Music section to create a new video story.
- After this, tap the stickers button at the top of the screen and then click Music.
- Here you can add soundtrack to your story. There are three tabs available: Popular, Moods, and Genres. You can also search song in the search tab.
- In the preview screen, drag to choose the part of the song that you want to add and tap the “Done” button. You can also select the time period from 5 seconds to 15 seconds as long you want to play it.
- You can tap on the music sticker to change it. Once you have finished editing, post your story. That’s it.
It is important to note that, people who are living in your region will still not be able to play music in your Instagram story and they will get the same message – “Instagram music isn’t available in your region“.
It would be useless to add music to your Instagram stories if this feature isn’t available in a region where most of your followers live. You can only use it to surprise your friends and followers. We hope that Instagram will soon make this feature available all around the world.
Note: As multiple users are connected with the same server in a VPN, so your internet speed may slow down a little. We recommend you to disconnect the VPN service once you have finished your task. You can disconnect it from the app or by tapping on the notification.
So that’s how you can fix Instagram music isn’t available in your region and add music to your Instagram story. If you find this tutorial helpful, please do share it with your friends.