Sometimes, you might forget to switch off your phone at night if you don’t have a habit of doing it every day. Now imagine how it would be if you can schedule your smartphone to power off automatically at your specified time?
This is what we are going to discuss in this tutorial. Here we have shared 2 simple methods that can help you to switch off your Android phone automatically at night. You can set the time period and select the days in a week when you want to switch it off. Let’s get started!
Switch off Android phone automatically
Most of the Android smartphones have a built-in feature in settings which lets you schedule power on and off automatically. This was a stock Android feature in 5.0 Lollipop version, but maybe this feature has been removed in later versions.
Some manufacturers (such as Sony) have also added this feature in their smartphones. To check if it is available on your phone, go to your phone settings and find an option named “Scheduled power on and off” or “Power off timer“.
You will find it under System, Device or Power Management Settings. If there is a search box in your phone settings, you can search it directly. Now to turn on this feature, simply enable the button and then set the time when you want to switch off your phone automatically.
You can also select the days in a week when you want to repeat it. Some smartphones also have scheduled power on feature which allows you to switch on your phone automatically at your specified time.
Shutdown your Android phone using an app [Root Required]
If your phone doesn’t have any built-in feature to schedule power off automatically, then you can use a third-party app named AutoOff for this task. Unfortunately, this method will not work on non-rooted Android smartphones.
The app needs root access on your phone to power off the device. If you don’t know what rooted means, then most probably your phone isn’t rooted and this method will not work.
If your device is rooted, you can follow this step-by-step guide to schedule automatic power off –
- Download and install AutoOff app on your Android phone.
- Now open the app and you will see 3 tabs there: Countdown, Clock Time and Boot.
- Go to Clock Time and select the time when you want to switch off your phone automatically.
- Next, tap on the play button at the bottom and then you can choose to start it either once or on repeat mode (for every day).
- The Countdown feature allows you to set the timer of a maximum 60 minutes to shutdown your phone. There is a Boot feature also which will shutdown your device again at a specified time after it is turned on.
- Also read: How to hide apps on Android phone
So that’s how you can switch off your Android phone automatically at night. Let us know if any of these methods worked on your smartphone. If you want to ask something related to this tutorial, please share it in the comment section below.