App Store is the heart of your iPhone where you can find different kinds of apps from social media to games to productivity and utility tools. There is simply no use in keeping an iPhone without the presence of apps as you won’t be able to do literally anything. Sometimes, just one app is not necessary to keep all your stuff clean and in one place. People usually create two accounts on social media apps to keep their personal life separate from their office life.
But it is quite disappointing to see that the App Store does not allow you to install one app twice. If it would have been possible, it would be an easy task to keep the personal account of any app separate from the one you use for social life. Most people mistakenly use their personal accounts to complete their office tasks and use the professional life account for their personal use. And this simple mistake can lead you into big trouble.
That is the reason today you are looking for a hack to duplicate any social app like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, or an instant messaging app like WhatsApp, or LINE on your iPhone. Well, your search ends today as we have brought several tricks for you, using which you can duplicate or clone apps on iPhone even if the App Store doesn’t allow you to install an additional one. Also, you don’t have to jailbreak your iOS to use these methods. So let’s see how to do it.
1. Use Dual Space to create duplicate clone apps
If something is not available as a built-in feature of the iPhone, you can definitely find an app that can achieve that task. This is why the App Store is always fun to work with. If you are looking for an app that can duplicate other apps which you have already installed on your device, there are several apps available on the App Store, and here’s the one that works perfectly.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone/iPad and download the Dual Space app.
- After the app is installed successfully, launch the Dual Space from your home screen or App Library and then you need to give it permission to send you notifications by tapping on Allow.
- For your security, the app needs you to set up a password. Enter any 4-digit number and make sure to remember it. Next, tap on the Continue button and then you need to confirm the password by setting it again.
- In the next step, you have to provide your email ID so that you can easily change the password in the future. Tap on Verify after that.
- Once you have created your account, you will on the app’s homepage and you need to tap on the plus icon at the bottom.
- Various apps will appear on the next page for which you can create a duplicate app. Tap the plus icon next to your desired app and its icon will start appearing on the app drawer.
Now you simply need to log in to your secondary account in the selected app and use it to keep it separate from your primary account. The interface of the duplicate app will work as a browser and not as an installed app.
2. Create a duplicate shortcut app on home screen
Some people are just looking for a trick to access the app from the home screen and do not want to add an additional account. For those looking for this simple hack, you don’t need to install any third-party app, your iPhone built-in features are enough for this. Here is what you need to do.
Go to the App Library of your iPhone and locate the app that you want to add to the home screen. Now long-press that app until a list of options pops up. Select the Add to Home Screen option, and you are done.
3. Create duplicate apps using Shortcuts app
The same task of adding a duplicate icon on the home screen can also be achieved using the shortcut app. This method is also easy but still, a little complicated than the above one. The difference is that using the Shortcut app, you can customize the app icon and the app name also.
- Under the Shortcuts app, click on the plus icon available at the top of the screen.
- Now you have to select the Open App option that appears on the screen under the Next Action Suggestions option.
- You will see a faded App option appearing adjacent to the Open option in the next screen, select it.
- Now choose the app for which you want to create a shortcut. It could be any app from the list of apps available. In our case, we are selecting the Instagram app.
- On the top right side, you will see a filter (three dots) option, tap on it.
- Under the Details tab, you will see Add to Home Screen option, select it.
- Now make any changes to your shortcut if you want like changing the name or changing the app looks and then tap on the Add option to finally add the shortcut of the app to the home screen.
4. Add multiple accounts within the social apps
You might be unaware but sometimes there is a built-in feature available in particular apps using which you can add additional accounts in the existing app on your iPhone. Using this built-in feature of the apps, you can eliminate the task of creating a duplicate copy. And whenever you want to use your other account, just switch to it right inside the app. Some of the social apps with this built-in feature include Telegram, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.
5. Use web version for secondary account
If you want to add an additional account to any of your social apps, then you have another alternative other than creating a duplicate app. You can use a web app for this purpose. Most of the famous social media and instant messaging apps also provide their web app for the user’s feasibility. This eliminates the work of creating a duplicate app inside the phone. Just open your primary account in the app itself while handling the secondary account from the web app. Instagram, Telegram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Snapchat, and most of the famous apps are also available as web app.
Unfortunately, there isn’t any built-in feature in the iOS like Dual Messenger or Parallel Space on Android to install the same app twice and neither did it support such kind of third-party apps unless your device is jailbroken. There are many reasons why you would need to create a duplicate or clone app on your iPhone or iPad. The most common reason is to use multiple social media accounts. For that, we have shared other alternative methods in this guide. On the other hand, if you need another copy of the app for quick access, you can create its duplicate shortcut on your home screen. Do you have any questions or suggestions in your mind regarding this topic? Feel free to share them in the comments below.