There are basically two types of status features on WhatsApp. Previously, the status of WhatsApp refers to the text status only, which is now changed to About. You will see it in the About section on your WhatsApp profile.
On the other hand, there is another status feature in WhatsApp that you seen in the Status tab. It allows you to share photos, videos, and text with your WhatsApp contacts which will automatically disappear after 24 hours.
In this tutorial, we have discussed how you can set a blank (or empty) status on both the WhatsApp About and Status feature.
How to set blank WhatsApp status
You might have noticed that WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to post a status when you add blank space in it without writing any text. There is a simple workaround you can trick WhatsApp to post an empty status by using a special blank character.
Here’s a step-by-step guide –
- Copy the blank space between these two brackets: [⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀]
- Open WhatsApp and move to the STATUS tab.
- Tap the pencil edit icon at the bottom-right corner to add a new WhatsApp status.
- Now long-press on the screen and tap the “Paste” button to paste the blank space you have copied from the 1st above step.
- You can also change the color of the status by tapping the color button.
- Finally, click the send button and you have successfully posted an empty WhatsApp status.
You might be interested to read another guide on how to share your WhatsApp status with specific contacts only.
Alternative Method: Use Empty Text app
If you the special blank character that you have copied in the above method doesn’t work to post blank WhatsApp status, then you can try this alternative method. Simply, download and install Empty Text app on your phone. Open it and then tap the COPY button.
This will automatically copy the blank space to your clipboard. Now just go to WhatsApp, create a new status, and paste it in there. You should be able to post an empty status now.
How to set blank WhatsApp about status
You can also set blank status in the about of your WhatsApp profile. Simply, follow these steps –
- First, copy these characters: ⇨ ຸ
- Now open WhatsApp on your phone and tap the menu button (three-dots at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings from the menu and then tap on your profile.
- After this, click the About option and then tap the pencil edit icon next to your current about status.
- Paste the characters you have copied earlier.
- Now you have to remove the arrow symbol (⇨) from the characters you just pasted. After that, you will be left with the second symbol only.
- Finally, tap the Save button. If you have done everything right, you would be able to set your WhatsApp about status to blank.
If you find this method a little tricky, you can use the Empty Text app as an alternative to copy the special blank characters. Apart from this, you can also use that app to send blank messages on your WhatsApp chats.
- Also read: How to post blank comment on Instagram
So these are some methods that can help you to set a blank (or empty) status on WhatsApp. Make sure to share this tutorial with your friends. If you want to ask something, you can share it in the comment section below.