Do you think it tricky to get invisible in Discord? You may think it is but according to us it isn’t. Because we have brought an exclusive concrete tutorial focusing on getting your Discord name invisible. Most of you are aware of the fastest growing social media instant messaging and online voice, video communication platform i.e. Discord which was primarily designed for gamers, but later it had become a general use platform for all needs. People experience voice chat better than any other platform.
Discord won the heart of millions of online dwellers. Each user has their own user name i.e. a Discord name. It is unlike other social media platforms because it enables you to create a tailor-made design. Today you will find out how you can get an invisible user name. You might have observed through your Discord use that many people are having invisible Discord names. Their names surprisingly have a blank space. You get curious to the extent that later you do try to make your Discord name invisible by adding blank spaces but the trick doesn’t work. Because Discord doesn’t allow you to do that.
In this tutorial, we are going to explain what necessary steps you should take to make your Discord name invisible. Then let’s begin the novel how-to.
Make your Discord name invisible on desktop or web
The following steps are for those who are using the Discord desktop client or its web version:
- Launch Discord and click on the settings gear icon on the left bottom panel. This will take you to the My Account page.
- Click over the Edit button next to the Username option.
- Now simply, copy and paste [˞] this character (without brackets) in the username field.
- Enter your current password and tap the Done button to continue. You are asked to enter your password for security verification.
- You may be prompted by this message: “Too many users have this user name! Please try another.” Ignore the aforementioned message and click “Done” again.
- You can see from the User List on the right side, that you no longer have a user name, i.e. it’s invisible!
How does it work?
Discord username is a combination of a text and an auto-generated number with a hashtag. Almost all Discord users have their unique user names. However, you may see some Discord users with no name or invisible username. This surprise surely brought you here. After getting your name invisible with the above method, you might be wondering how does it work? Here’s a simple explanation for that –
If you normally put a blank space in the username editor, Discord won’t allow you to save the changes. This is because you are proving an empty value. In the above method, we have used a special character [˞] that will occupy value like any other character (say ‘A’). The catch here is that this character is invisible so it will appear blank when saved as your Discord username.
Make your Discord name invisible on Android or iPhone
As stated above for the desktop method, we are going to use a special character to get an invisible Discord name through your Discord smartphone app too. The character can not be identified or displayed by Discord, so the user name space gets invisible, but that character is still there. Follow this step-by-step guide –
- Open the Discord app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Click over your profile avatar on the bottom-right corner. This will open up the User Settings page.
- Click over the “My Account” option.
- In the My Account section, locate the “Username” option and tap over it.
- Under the Edit Username title, paste this [˞] special character without brackets.
- Then click over the save icon in the bottom-right corner. Next, enter your password. You may get the message: “Too many users have this username, please try another.”
- Tap over the save icon again. Your invisible Discord name is now full set.
Make your nickname invisible on Discord server profile
Discord allows you to use a different name on each server you have joined. This is called server nickname and it is different from the regular username of your Discord profile. You can also make your nickname invisible on Discord server profile with the same method. Here’s what you need to do –
Open the Discord app on your iPhone or Android device. Select the server on which you want to change your nickname and click the three-dots menu next to the server name at the top. This will open up a pop-up window on your screen.
Scroll up and choose the Edit Server Profile option. On the next page, tap on the text editor field under Nickname. Copy and paste this special character [˞] without brackets and tap the Save option in the upper-right corner to save the changes.
Give an ultimate finishing to your profile
This was all about making your Discord name invisible. And we have seen the methods for desktop and smartphone, both. Now it’s time to conclude the article. But fun isn’t going to end yet. Because we have brought another amazing trick to please you. If your name gets invisible, then why wait to show your original picture to the Discorders? It’s time to get anonymous in both ways. Let’s go!
Make your profile picture invisible on Discord
To get an anonymous Discord profile picture, (anonymous is a slang for invisible), we will use a transparent PNG image file that is filled with background colour. Here are the steps you need to follow –
- Download a copy of the transparent image from the attached link. If you are on PC, use the Save as option to download the image. On the other hand, if you are using a smartphone, long-press on the image and then choose Download image (on Android) or Add to Photos (on iOS).
- Open the Discord app on your smartphone. Tap on your profile picture icon at the bottom-right corner. This will take you to your Discord profile page.
- Now click the User Profile option.
- Tap on the Profile Picture icon.
- Then click on Upload Avatar.
- Select the transparent PNG picture you have downloaded on your device and save the changes. Once after this, your Discord profile picture will get invisible.
Frequently asked questions
Surprisingly, the short answer is yes! Adding a blank space in the editor does not work though. You have use a special symbol that acts as a real character but appears blank on screen.
Yes, your Discord profile picture can get blank too by using a transparent PNG image.
Discord usually doesn’t ban users for having an invisible username. But a community admin may have a problem with your anonymity.
Just make your Discord name invisible and change your profile picture to blank image. This will make you completely anonymous on Discord and no one will be able to find your real identity.
Most of the social media platforms like Discord have a facility to set your own username and profile picture. If you want to get invisible and anonymous, then the above tricks will surely work for you. In this tutorial, we have shown you step-by-step instructions to make yourself invisible for both the Discord username and profile picture aka avatar. We hope this guide has been helpful to make your profile anonymous over Discord. If you have any questions regarding this topic, do let us know in the comments below.