Finding the vehicle owner details by using vehicle number is pretty simple. There are mobile apps which you can use for this task. Apart from that, you can also use an online website and SMS service. We have shared all these methods in this tutorial. Let’s jump to the first one!
1. Know vehicle information using mParivahan app
mParivahan is the official government app in which you can know any vehicle information just by entering the plate number of the vehicle. Apart from that, you can also find DL (driving license) and challan information in this app.
- Install and open the mParivahan app on your Android phone. You can download it from Google Play Store.
- Skip the introduction part and then choose your language. There are two languages in it: English and Hindi.
- When you enter the app, move to the RC Dashboard page and then type the vehicle registration number whose information you want to find out. Tap the search button after that.
- Now you will find all details of the vehicle such as vehicle owner name, registering authority, vehicle class, fuel type, vehicle age, registration date, insurance validity, and more.
You can also check the challan of the vehicle by clicking the View Challan button on the screen. If you have searched your own vehicle, you can create its virtual RC in the app. For that, you will need to login with your registered mobile number.
Another app which you can use as an alternative to the mParivahan app is RTO Vehicle Information. This app is also available on the Google Play Store for Android users.
2. Find vehicle owner details online using Vahan website
There is an official government website named VAHAN where you can check the vehicle RC details online. This is one of the easiest ways as you can don’t have to install any app on your phone. Moreover, it will work on any device – including iPhone, Android, or your computer/PC.
Simply, open Google Chrome or any other browser on your phone/computer and visit the Vehicle Registration Status page on the vahan.nic.in website. After that, enter the vehicle number and verification code (as displayed on the screen). Then tap the Search Vehicle button.
Now you will see all information about the vehicle such as –
- Registration number
- Registration date
- Chassis No.
- Engine No.
- Owner Name
- Vehicle class
- Fuel type
- Manufacturer and vehicle model detail
- Fitness/REGN duration
- Insurance validity
- PUCC (Pollution Under Control Certificate) validity
- Emission norms
- RC Status
3. Use SMS service to get vehicle information
Last but not the least, you can also use SMS service to get vehicle information on your phone. This method is useful if you don’t have internet access.
So what you have to do is, simply type ‘VAHAN <space> <vehicle registration no.>‘
As you will send this message, you will get an instant reply from the JD-VAAHAN where you will see all basic information about the vehicle including the owner name.
So these are some methods which you can use to find out the vehicle owner details online using the registration number. Let us know which method you are going to use personally. If we have missed something in this tutorial, share it in the comments below.