- PUBG Mobile is one of the most-played mobile games in India.
- The game is published by a company named Tencent Games.
- There are few other battle royale games for mobile users.
Because of the #BoycottChinaApps trend in India, people are removing all Chinese apps from their phones. A lot of people have a question in their mind that whether PUBG Mobile is also a Chinese app or not. To get all your doubts clear about PUBG Mobile, here we have discussed all its history in short. At last, we will also tell you about some good alternatives to this game.
We all know about PUBG Mobile and why not as it is one of the most popular mobile games. This game has a very large number of users in India. In the age group of 7 to 35 years, almost everyone has a PUBG Mobile app on their phone. There are even many popular YouTubers in India who do live streaming of this game.
PUBG Mobile is a multiplayer battle royale video game in which players fight for their survival. The last player or team that survives, wins the round. This game is not just available on Android and iOS platforms but on Windows PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation also.
PUBG Mobile was launched back in 2018 and since then it has crossed over 100M+ downloads on Android’s official app store. The size of the game is around 2 GB so it requires a good amount of storage and RAM memory to run smoothly. Apart from the regular version, PUBG Mobile also has a lite version for devices that are running on low memory.
Is PUBG Mobile a Chinese game?
The short answer to this question – Yes, PUBG Mobile is a Chinese app. It was developed and published by PUBG Corporation which is a subsidiary of a South Korean video game company named Bluehole. This game was created by Brenden Greene (aka PlayerUnknown), who also led the Bluehole as a creative director when the PUbG was launched.
The short history of PUBG
PUBG Mobile was banned in China initially but then Tencent Games, which is a Chinese company, collaborated with Bluehole to make some changes in the game and later released it for mobile users. The game was an instant hit so they also released it globally.
If you will look at the publisher of the PUBG Mobile on the app stores, you will find that it is published by Tencent Games. It is also reported that Tencent has bought around 10% shares of Bluehole company (now known as Krafton Game Union). So there is no doubt in the fact that that PUBG Mobile is a Chinese app.
Good Alternatives of PubG Mobile
If you are removing the PUBG Mobile app from your phone because of #BoycottChinaApps, then you might want to know its alternatives. Here are two good battle royale games for mobile users –
- Call of Duty Mobile – This game is very similar to PUBG Mobile. It is available on Google Play Store and iOS App Store for free. The size of the app is 1.8GB which is almost the same as PUBG. Call of Duty is published by Activision which is an American video game company based in California.
- Fortnight: Fortnight is another popular battle royale game. It was developed by Epic Games which is also an American Company based in North Carolina. As of now, Fortnight isn’t supported on all Android devices but the developers are working to expand the support. You can go to the Google Play Store on your phone and check if it is available or not.
We hope you got all your doubts cleared about the PUBG Mobile game in this article. If you want to share your thoughts, write them in the comments below. Will you delete your favorite PUBG Mobile game from your phone as for supporting #BoycottChinaApps? Let us know what do you think about this. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends.