You need to recharge your FASTag in order to make payments. It works the same like an ATM card. You should have money in your FASTag account and they only it will be able to complete the transaction. There are a number of ways you can recharge your FASTag. You don’t even need to go anywhere for that. The online payment apps and net banking has made it possible to recharge FASTag right from your smartphone directly.
What is FASTag?
FASTag is an electronic toll collection system which helps to make toll payments easier. It is operated by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) in India. FASTag uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for scanning purpose and making toll payments directly from the FASTag account of the user. The FASTag chip is fitted on the windscreen of the vehicle.
As the vehicle reaches the toll counter, it automatically makes the payment without stopping for the transaction. You can purchase FASTag from various tag issuers or participating banks. The NHAI has made FASTag mandatory for all vehicles from 15 February 2021. If your vehicle doesn’t have a FASTag or if your account balance is empty, then you may be required to pay extra additional fees for the toll tax.
1. Recharge FASTag using Google Pay
You can recharge FASTag with Google Pay app on your phone. Here’s a step-by-step guide –
- Open the Google Pay app.
- Tap on + New Payment button.
- Now click Bill Payment option.
- Choose FASTag recharge under categories.
- Now you will see a list of all FASTag recharge billers. Select you bank.
- Next, you will be asked to link your FASTag account with Google Pay. Simply, click Get Started and then provide your vehicle registration number/wallet ID and account name.
- Once you have provided all information, tap Link account button. After that, your FASTag account will be linked with your Google Pay.
- Now in order to recharge your FASTag, click the Pay button on the FASTag account page. You will have to make minimum Rs. 200 payment.
- Press the tick button and then click Pay button at the bottom. You will be asked to enter your UPI PIN to complete the payment process. That’s it. You have successfully recharged your FASTag account with Google Pay.
2. Recharge FASTag using PhonePe
If you use PhonePe app for most of your payments, then you can also recharge your FASTag account with it. Just follow these steps –
- Open the PhonePe app on your smartphone.
- Under Recharge & Pay Bills, click See All and then tap FASTag Recharge option.
- Now PhonePe will show a list of FASTag issuing bank. Select the one you are using. You can also use the search feature to find it quickly.
- Next, you have to enter your vehicle registration number (type it continuously without any spaces).
- Press the Confirm button. Now your FASTag account is added. You will see all your details such as customer name and balance.
- Now enter the amount you want to recharge on your FASTag.
- Select the bank you want to use for payment on PhonePe and then tap the Pay Bill button.
- You will be asked to enter the UPI PIN to confirm the payment. That’s it.
3. Recharge FASTag using BHIM app
BHIM is one of the most popular UPI apps. You can also recharge your FAStag with BHIM app. Here’s what you need to do –
- Open the BHIM app on your smartphone.
- Click the Send option.
- Enter “netc.vehiclenumber@bankupihandle”. Replace vehiclenumber with your vehicle number (without space) and bankupihandle with the UPI handle of your bank. For example, netc.DL4CAF4990@sbi. If you don’t know your FASTag bank, then check it on the FASTag sticker on your vehicle. You will find the bank logo or name there.
- Verify the UPI ID to confirm if it is correct.
- Enter the amount you want to recharge on your FASTag and then proceed with the UPI PIN to confirm the payment transaction.
4. Recharge FASTag using Paytm
Paytm also allows you recharge FASTag on your Android smartphone or iPhone. Follow this step-by-step guide for that –
- Open the Paytm app.
- Go to the FASTag Recharge option.
- You will see various FASTag issuing banks. Select the one you are using.
- Now enter your vehicle registration number.
- Tap the Proceed button.
- Enter the amount you want to recharge on your FASTag account.
- Choose the payment method to complete the transaction. You can make payment via debit card, credit card, net banking, paytm wallet or UPI apps. Once you have made the payment, your FASTag will be recharged.
5. Recharge FASTag using your bank website
Last but not the least, you can also recharge FASTag directly from your FASTag issuing bank website. For this, you can use NPCI website to find the link of your bank website. Just go to the NPCI website on your smartphone and select your bank. Under bank URL, you will find the link to your bank website from where you can recharge your FASTag. Click on the link to open it in a new tab. After that, provide your login information and then enter your vehicle registration number. Once you are logged in, you can complete the payment process.
So these are some methods which you can use to recharge FASTag on your Android smartphone or iPhone. We have shared a complete step-by-step guide for Google Pay, PhonePe, BHIM app, Paytm, and from issuing bank website directly. You can use any method based on your personal preference. Let us know which one you find most convenient. Don’t forget to share this post with your friends on social media so they can also know about these methods. If you want to ask something related to this topic, feel free to share it in the comment section below. Make sure to check out other useful articles on our website.