In our previous article, we have already shared an in-depth guide on how you can find copyright free music for your YouTube videos. We have discussed about various methods from where you can find your music. As you may already know, YouTube has its own audio library. Apart from that, there are various third-party services such as Epidemic Sounds and Music Bed which provides one-stop solution for all your music needs but unluckily these services are paid and need a subscription to use them.
There are even some music channels on YouTube which claims to provide copyright free music but you are always at the risk to get strike on your channel or at least copyright claim on your video. Even if you find any music which is copyright free, it is not necessary that it is free for monetization also. We came up with this tutorial to help you find the right music for your YouTube videos that you can use for free without even thinking about all these issues. Now without wasting any time, let’s get started!
10 Best copyright free music for YouTube videos
Below we have shared a list of 10 best copyright free songs that you can use on your YouTube videos. Be sure that you won’t get any copyright claim or strike for using these songs. Also, you can monetize your videos and generate revenue by showing ads on them. Please note that you need to give credit in the description of your video. We have discussed about that later in this article.
1. Alan Walker – Faded [NCS Release]
2. Cartoon – On & On [NCS Release]
3. Alan Walker – Spectre [NCS Release]
4. Jarico – Landscape
5. Different Heaven [NCS Release]
6. Disfigure – Blank [NCS Release]
7. Janji – Heroes Tonight [NCS Release]
8. Elextro-Light -Symbolism [NCS Release]
9. Tobu & Itro – Sunburst [NCS Release]
10. Syn Cole – Feel Good [NCS Release]
How to download these copyright free music
There are various ways you can download these songs from YouTube on your PC or smartphone. Here we have listed some methods –
- Download from the link given in the description – Most of these songs have a download link in the description of their video. You may be asked to sign up on their website before downloading. The song is downloaded in MP3 format so you don’t need to do any type of conversion.
- Download from third-party website – There are a number of third-party online tools available on the internet which can help you to download videos from YouTube directly. One such website is YTMP3. This website will automatically convert YouTube videos to MP3 audio. You just have to copy the video link and paste it in the website. Then choose MP3 option and click on the Download button. After this, it will generate the download link.
- Download using application – You can also use a third-party app, software or browser extension on your smartphone or PC to download these copyright free songs. As this method requires you to install the app first, so we will recommend you to use it only if you already have a video downloader installed on your phone or PC. Some applications may allow you to download videos in MP4 format only, then you will need to convert them to MP3 audio manually.
How to add these music on your YouTube videos
It’s quite easy to add these copyright free music on your YouTube videos. This can be done by using any basic video editor app. For iPhone and Android, we will recommend you to use VN app. This is a free application without any watermark. If you are into professional video editing, then you can use Kinemaster.
There are many option available for PC also, for example, Windows Movie Maker and Filmora. Although most professional YouTubers use Adobe Premiere Pro for editing their videos. It doesn’t matter which video editor you use. All these have an option to add music in the background of your video. Once added, you can trim and adjust it anywhere from the editing timeline.
How to give credit for using these copyright free music
You have to add the credit of the song in the description of your video. As you are getting a copyright free music, this is the only thing you need to do in return. Please note that this is a very important step and you shouldn’t miss it. If you don’t give the credit, you may also get copyright claim on your video. There is a proper way in which you need to give the credit. You can find it in the description of the copyright free song that you are using. Make sure to copy and paste it exactly the same on your video.
Frequently asked questions
Here are some frequently asked questions that most people ask about the usage of these copyright free music on YouTube. You might also have these questions in your mind and looking for their answers.
Can you monetize your videos with these free songs?
Yes, you are free to enable monetization on your videos for these copyright free music. All the revenue generated from the ads will be yours i.e., it will not shared with the music artist/distributor.
Can you get copyright strike on your channel?
No, you don’t have to worry about copyright strike on your channel. All these songs are absolutely free from all kinds of copyright issues. Be assured that your channel will be in good condition.
Can you get copyright claim on your video(s)?
No, you won’t get any copyright claim on your videos for using these copyright free music in the background. Please make sure to give credit in the description as mentioned by the artist/distributor.
Is it necessary to give credit in the description?
Yes, it is necessary to add credit in the description. If you don’t do so, there may be chances you will get copyright claim on your videos. So It’s better to be on the safe side. Giving a credit doesn’t cost you anything. As you are using someone’s hard work, it is the smallest thing you can do to thank the artist.
So these are some copyright free music that you can use on your YouTube videos for free and even monetize them for generating revenue. We have discussed almost everything you need to know about this topic. Still if you have any questions in your mind, feel free to share them in the comments below. By the way, have you heard these songs before? Let us know which one is your favourite. Also, you can share other music in the comments that you would liked to add in the list.