It’s always your headache to send those photos and videos of your friends and family to their phone. You would definitely relate to this if you are an iPhone user. It is quite easy to share photos between two iPhones with the AirDrop feature but the problem arises when the other person has Android device. Sharing files between iPhone and Android has always been an issue for both side users.
Previously, there was an app called SHAREit for this task but now it has been banned in India being a Chinese app. In this tutorial, we are going to share some methods that can help you to send photos from iPhone to Android in their original resolution. These methods doesn’t compress your photos and hence they won’t lose their quality. Now let’s get started quickly without further discussion.
1. Send photos from iPhone to Android using SendAnywhere
SendAnywhere is a file sharing app which allows you to share files between iPhone and Android using hotspot and Wi-Fi feature. It is the most easiest and fastest way to transfer files on any smartphone. You can also use SendAnywhere app to transfer photos and videos from your iPhone to Android within few seconds. Follow this step-by-step guide –
- Download and install the SendAnywhere app – This app is available for both iPhone and Android. You can download it from Google Play Store or Apple App Store for free.
- Connect your iPhone and Android to the same Wi-Fi network – SendAnywhere app requires both devices to be on the same network in order to share files between them. If you have a Wi-Fi at your home or office, just connect both devices on it.On the other hand, if you don’t have access to any Wi-Fi network, then create your own hotspot on one device (either on iPhone or Android) and connect the other device to it. You can turn on mobile hotspot from the settings app on your phone.
- Open the Send Anywhere app on both devices – If you are launching the app for the first time, you may be asked to allow some permissions such as access to your photos and videos.
- Send photos from iPhone – By default, you will be on the Send page. From the Photos tab, select the photo(s) you want to send on the Android device and then click the Send button at the bottom. Now the app will generate a 6-digit key and QR code which you have to enter on the other device to start the sharing process.
- Receive photos on Android – On the SendAnywhere app, go to Receive page by clicking the Receive option at the bottom. Either enter the 6-digit key manually or scan the QR code to connect the SendAnywhere app on both devices. After this, your photos will start sharing from iPhone to Android. Once it’s done, you can find them in the gallery on your phone.
2. Send photos from iPhone to Android using Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage service by Google which allows you to save your data on the internet. You can use Google Drive to transfer photos from iPhone to Android. This method is useful if both devices are not physically together. The good thing about this method is that it will not reduce the quality of your photos and videos.
As Google Drive is connected to your Google account so all its data is also synced across all devices where your account is logged in. If you want to send photos from your iPhone to someone else on Android, you can use the sharing feature which allows you to share your Google Drive data with other people. This step-by-step guide will show you how to do that –
- Install the Google Drive app – If it’s not already installed, then download it first from the App Store on your iPhone. After that, login to it with your Google account.
- Upload photos from iPhone – Open the Google Drive app, click the + (Plus) button at the bottom-right corner and then tap Upload option. After that, choose Photos and Videos. Next, select the photo(s) you want to send on Android phone. Wait until they are uploaded.
- Download photos to Android – If your Google account is also logged in on Android phone, then your photos will get synced on it automatically. You can open the Google Drive app on Android and download your photos directly. Simply, select them, tap three dots, and then click Download button.
If you want to send these photos to someone else, then you can use email sharing feature. For that, select the photos on Google Drive from your iPhone and move them to a single folder. After that, click the three dots button on that folder and choose Share option. Next, enter the email address of the person to whom you want to send these photos and tap the send button. After this, the recipient will receive an email with a link directing them to the folder you have shared on Google Drive.
3. Send photos from iPhone to Android using WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a messaging app which almost everyone use today to chat with their friends and family. It is available for both iPhone and Android. You can also use WhatsApp to send photos and videos from iPhone to Android. There are two methods you can use for this –
Send photos on WhatsApp directly
Simply, open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to the chat where you want to send the photos. After that, click the + (plus) button at the bottom-left corner of the screen and tap Photo & Video Library. Next, select the photos and then click the send button. That’s it. The receipt will instantly receive them on their Android phone once they are sent successfully. With this method, WhatsApp will reduce the quality of your photos a little bit so as to use less data and send them as fast as possible.
Send photos as WhatsApp document
If you want to send photos in full quality without any compression, then you can send tham as WhatsApp document from iPhone to Android. Here’s how you can do that –
- Save photos on Files app – Open the Photos app on your iPhone, select the photos you want to send, tap the send/upload icon at the bottom-left corner and click Save to Files option. Again click on Save and then your photos will be saved on the Files app in “On My iPhone”.
- Send photos as WhatsApp document – Now open WhatsApp on your iPhone, go to the chat where you want to send the photos, click + (plus) attach button at the bottom-left corner and choose Document option. This will open the Files app. Select the photo(s) from “On My iPhone” and click Send option.
Once they are sent, the recipient can download them on their Android phone in full quality. So that’s how you can send photos from iPhone to Android using WhatsApp without compressing them.
4. Transfer photos from iPhone to Android using Gmail
You can also transfer photos from iPhone to Android using Gmail via email attachment. This method can be used to send only few photos as there is a size limit of 25 MB which you can attach on Gmail. If you want to send more photos, you will need to send them in multiple emails. The good thing about this method is that it will send photos in their original quality without applying any compression on them.
It’s quite easy to attach photos on Gmail. Simply, open the Gmail app on your iPhone and create a new email by tapping the Compose button. Enter the email address to whom you want to send it. Click attach button (paper clip icon) at the top and then select the photo(s). Finally, tap the Send button and you have done it. Now the recipient will receive an email on their Android phone containing the photos you have attached.
5. Send photos from iPhone to Android using Google Photos app
Google Photos is a photo sharing and backup service developed by Google which allows you to save your photos and videos on cloud storage. All photos uploaded on Google Photos are synced across all devices where your Google account is logged in. You can backup your photos and videos on Google Photos app from iPhone and then download them on Android directly.
Apart from that, there is another feature on Google Photos which lets you share your photos with other users via email address or phone number. Once you have your photos are backed up on Google Photos, open the app on your iPhone and select the ones you want to send. After that, click the share/upload icon at the top, choose New group and then enter the email address of the person to whom you want to send them. You can also select multiple people at once. Click Next option and then tap the Send button. That’s it.
So these are some methods which you can use to send photos from iPhone to Android. You can send them in their original resolution without losing any quality. Out of all these methods, let us know which one is most the easiest, fastest, and convenient for you. If you know any other way, do share it in the comments below. You can also ask your personal queries there. Before leaving the page, make sure to check out other interesting tutorials on our website. Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends on social media.