Whenever you are on a phone call with someone, if another person calls you at the same time, they will hear a call waiting busy tune saying that your number is busy on another call. Even though this is a great feature, it can be frustrating if you don’t want other callers to know that you are busy with someone.
Consider a situation where you are talking to your girlfriend/boyfriend at night, and you do not want anyone else calling you to hear the call waiting busy tune on your phone number. In such a situation, you would want this feature disabled. Luckily, it is possible to do that but only with some workarounds.
In this article, we have shared 2 different methods that will help you to remove call waiting busy tune during call from your iPhone or Android smartphone. Without further ado, let’s begin this tutorial!
Method 1: Use call forwarding feature
You would have a question in your mind whether this call waiting busy tune is set by your network provider or smartphone. It is a network-dependent service, meaning your network provider is responsible for this call waiting busy tune. Unfortunately, this feature can’t be disabled but there is a simple workaround that uses call forwarding.
Basically, you just have to enable the call forwarding feature on your device and redirect your incoming calls to another number. You can enter a dead phone number that is no longer active or any secondary number that you are using. This way, a caller who attempts to reach you while you are busy will be redirected to the number you have selected for call forwarding, instead of hearing a busy tune.
Enable call forwarding on Android
You can easily set up call forwarding on your phone number from the Phone app settings. The following steps may vary a little bit depending on your Android version and phone model.
- Open the Phone app on your Android phone.
- Tap three dots (menu) in the upper-right corner.
- Select Settings option from the drop-down menu. This will take you to the Call settings page.
- Now look for Call forwarding. In Samsung smartphones, you can find it under Supplementary services. You may be asked to choose between Voice call or Video call. Choose Voice call option in that case.
- In the next screen, you will find various conditions to enable call forwarding such as always forward, forward when busy, forward when unanswered, and forward when unreachable. Select Forward when busy option. This allows you to forward incoming calls on your number only when you are busy on another call.
- Next, enter the phone number where you want to forward your calls. This can be a number that you have used in the past which is no longer active or any secondary number that you have. You can also select one from your contacts list.
- Finally, tap the Enable button. That’s it! You have successfully enabled call forwarding on your phone number. After this, if someone calls you while you are busy on a call, they will be forwarded to your new number instead of hearing the call waiting busy tune.
Note: This method may not work on some smartphones so you need to test and see if it works for you or not.
Enable call forwarding on iPhone
iPhones can also be configured to forward calls, however, iOS does not provide many options for that. This simply means that you can’t enable call forwarding only when you’re busy on another call. It will be enabled for all incoming calls, regardless of whether you are busy or not, unreachable, or if you don’t answer. So whenever you want to remove call waiting busy tune on your number, you have to enable call forwarding every time and then manually turn it off once you’re done to start receiving your calls again.
This step-by-step guide will show you how to enable call forwarding on iPhone/iPad to remove call waiting busy tune –
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Find and open Phone app.
- Now click Call Forwarding option under CALLS section.
- Switch on the button to enable call forwarding and then tap Forward To option.
- Enter the phone number where you want your incoming calls to redirect and then go back to the previous screen to save the changes.
Now you can make a call and talk to anyone privately. Don’t be worried of other callers as they won’t hear any call waiting busy tune on your number. This means, they won’t be able to know that you are busy with someone. Make sure to disable this feature when you don’t need it otherwise, you will miss out some important calls as well even when you aren’t busy.
Method 2: Use WhatsApp calling
Another simple workaround to prevent other callers from knowing that you are busy is to use WhatsApp calling. WhatsApp calling is different from the normal phone call. It is much similar to the Skype VoIP (aka Voice Over Internet Protocol).
When you on a WhatsApp call and someone calls you on your phone number, they won’t hear any call waiting busy tune. You will be able to pick up and answer the call normally. WhatsApp calling uses internet to make calls. It has nothing to do with your network provider.
WhatsApp isn’t the only app that provides voice call facility. Now almost every other messaging app has added VoIP calling feature including Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Telegram. You can use any of them based on your choice. This is surely a great solution to avoid call waiting busy tune on your number without enabling call forwarding.
So these are two simple workarounds that you can use to remove call waiting busy tune on your number during a call. Both Android and iOS users can use these workarounds. Now you can talk to anyone privately without letting the other callers know that you are busy on another call. Comment below if you have any questions about this topic.