Instagram also lets you add reel videos on your story with the ability to play them live. Sometimes you are unable to add full length reel on your Instagram story. As the story length limit is 15 seconds, so if any reel is longer than this time period, it gets trimmed automatically and only the 15 seconds part is added to your story.
If you are also facing this problem on your Instagram, then here we have a very simple fix for you. In this short guide, we will discuss how you can share full length reel video on your Instagram story. Any video which is longer than 15 seconds will be added to your story in two parts with both playing continuously one after the other.
How to add more than 15 secs reel on Instagram story
Normally what most people do while adding a reel video on their story is they simply tap on the send button, click on the “Add to Your Story” option, and then press “Your Story” on the story editor screen to directly share that reel video.
There is a simple tweak right in-between in this process. Instead of directly tapping on the Your Story option, you have to click on the “Send to” button and then share the reel to your story. This way, Instagram will post full length reel video. For a complete step-by-step guide, follow these instructions –
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the app.
- Find the reel you want to add to your story. It must be longer than 15 seconds in time duration.
- Click the send button (paper airplane icon) on the reel. It will open up the sharing list.
- Next, click “Add Reel to Your Story” option at the top. Once you click on that, you will be taken to the story editor screen. You can edit your story by adding text, gif, or stickers.
- Now comes the main part to post the story. Make sure to tap “Send to” button at the bottom-right corner of the screen instead of clicking on “Your story” option.
- As the sharing box pops up from the bottom, tap on the Share button next to the Your Story option. That’s it. You have successfully added full length Instagram reel on your story. You could also share it with your Close Friends list only.
So now you know how simple it is to add more than 15 seconds reel video on Instagram story. You may be doing it wrong previously but now use this simple way go do it the right way. You may find hundreds of videos on Instagram reels daily. Some are really interesting and you want to share them with your followers.
On the other hand, if you have posted your own reel video, adding it to your Instagram story is the best way to promote it and give an instant boost. So that’s pretty much everything you need to know about this tutorial. Let us know if we have missed anything related to the topic. Hope you find this guide helpful. Waiting for your comments below!