When the profile guard feature is turned on, the downloading of the profile picture is disabled. Even if someone will try to take a screenshot of the profile picture which is protected with profile guard, the Facebook app will show a message – “Can’t take screenshot due to security policy“.
This security is even tighter on locked Facebook profiles. Not only you are allowed to download the profile picture but you can’t also view it in full size. Now let’s say you visit a Facebook profile which is locked and you are unable to identify the face of the person as it not visible clearly.
In such cases, you may need to view the profile picture in full size. Here we have shared 2 simple methods which you can use to download guard locked profile picture on Facebook. These methods don’t require to use any third-party app. Moreover, they will work on all devices including iPhone, Android, and PC/laptop.
1. Download guard locked profile picture on Facebook
We will use the Facebook Graph API to access the link of the profile picture image. For this, you need the profile ID number of the person. This step-by-step guide will show you how to do that –
- Open Chrome browser on your phone or PC and go to the Facebook website. Login to your account and then open the profile whose profile picture you want to download.
- Look at the URL of the webpage. If the URL looks something like this: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012345678901, then copy the profile ID number from it and jump to the 6th step.
- If the profile has a custom URL such as https://www.facebook.com/geekinstructor, then you have to fetch the profile ID number from the source code of the web page. For that, add view-source: before the URL and open it.
- Now search “entity_id” in the source code and copy the number next to it. Press CTRL+F shortcut keys on desktop Chrome or go to Menu > Find on mobile Chrome to use the search feature.
- From the link given below, replace the number with the profile ID number you have copied earlier and then open the link.
- This link will redirect you to the profile picture image. To download it on your phone, long-press on it and then click “Download image” option.
If you are on desktop Chrome, then right-click on the image and click “Save image as” option. After that, choose the location where you want to save it, change the image name (if you want) and finally tap the Save button.
2. View locked Facebook profile picture in full size
Let’s say you came across a locked profile on Facebook and you are unable to see the face of the person clearly in his/her profile picture. In that case, there is a simple way you can view the profile picture in a big size without using the first method which was quite technical.
So what you have to do in this method is, simply open the Chrome browser on your phone and then open the Facebook website. Next, go to the profile whose profile picture you want to view. Now just zoom in to the web page with the pinch-to-zoom method in which you have to stretch the screen with two fingers.
By increasing the size of the profile picture, you will be able to see the face of the person. The quality of the picture may not be very good but you can easily identify him. After that, you can decide if you want to send him a friend request or not.
Take a screenshot
Another way to save a locked profile picture on Facebook is by taking its screenshot. As we have explained in the previous method, first zoom in the profile picture on the web browser and then take a screenshot. It is very simple to do it on Android phone. Just press and hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously. You can also take screenshots on iPhone and PC.
So these are some methods by which you can download guard locked profile picture on Facebook. Please note that if someone has locked their profile picture, then you should respect their privacy. So don’t download other’s photo without asking for their permission. However, you can use these methods to see the face of the person if it is not clear. We hope you find this guide helpful. Finally, don’t forget to share this post with your friends.