Instagram has added a separate section for Reels on the user profile, just like for IGTV videos and tagged photos. This can be found below the bio or story highlights on the profile. Under the Reels section, user can separately explore all your reel videos at one place.
When you share a reel video on Instagram, you are asked to add it to your profile grid. This means your reel video will appear on your profile grid page along with other normal posts (photos, videos, and IGTVs). Anyone visiting your profile can directly see your reel videos without going to the Reels section specifically.
How to remove Instagram reel from profile grid
Instagram has also added a feature which allows you to remove a reel video from your profile grid. Sometimes you add a reel to your profile grid by mistake or you later want to remove it for some reasons. Here’s how you can do that –
- First, open the Instagram app on your phone and go to your profile (click your profile picture icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen).
- Now open the reel video on your profile and then click the menu button (three dots at the top-right corner of the post).
- A pop-up box will appear where you will see “Remove from profile grid” option. Simply, click on this option and you have done it.
Is it possible to add back reel to your profile grid?
Sometimes you remove a reel video from your profile grid accidentally or you didn’t add it in the first place when posted the reel but now you want to do that. Unfortunately, Instagram doesn’t have any option to add back reel video to your profile grid. A lot of users are complaining about this issue on the internet.
Now the only way to add that reel video on your Instagram profile grid is to repost it again. In this process, you will lose all post reach of that reel and your likes, views, and comments will also be gone forever. We will recommend you to take this step only if you have recently posted your reel and it hasn’t reached much audience.
If you feel okay with deleting and reposting your reel video, then here’s how you can do that –
- Delete your old reel video – Go to your Instagram profile, move to the Reels section and open the reel video you want to delete. Next, click the menu button (three dots button) and then tap Delete option in red color. This will permanently remove the reel video from your account. Please note that you will also lose all likes, views, and comments on it.
- Repost reel video and add it to your profile grid – Once you have deleted your previous reel video, then next step is to repost it again. Simply, go to the Instagram Reels camera and load the video from your gallery. In the editor screen, you can add text, stickers, or apply filter on the video.
On continuing next, you will be asked to write a caption for the video. Right below that, there will be a button named “Also share to feed“. Make sure that this button is enabled. Finally, you can tap the Share button to post the video on your Instagram account.
We know it is really hard to delete a video from on your Instagram that has got so many likes, comments and views on it but that’s the only way you can add it back to your profile grid. Instagram should add a feature to add back reel videos to profile grid directly. Let’s see if they add such feature in the future. If you want to ask something related to this tutorial, feel free to share it in the comments below.