Paying your electricity bill online is certainly more convenient than paying it offline which requires you to visit the electricity office in person. It can save you a lot of time and hassle. In addition, you can also avoid late fees by never missing a payment.
You can see all of your bills in one place, which can help you to keep track of your expenses. It is also possible to set up an automatic reminder so that you don’t have to worry about remembering to pay your bills each month.
The online payment method is quick, easy, and convenient, and most importantly, you can do it from the comfort of your home. In this article, we will show you different methods to pay your electricity bill online in any state of India through Google Pay, PayTm, and other payment methods.
Pay electricity bill through Google Pay
Besides allowing you to send and receive money, Google Pay also offers some other services like mobile recharge, self-transfer, and online bill payments for electricity, FASTag, gas cylinder booking, DTH/cable and more. Google Pay, which is a popular UPI payment app, provides one of the easiest ways to pay your electricity bill online.
It will take you hardly two or three minutes to make the payment. Before you begin, make sure you have your account number or account ID that is associated with your electricity bill at hand. Google Pay has an extensive list of electricity billers from almost all states in India.
Linking your Google Pay with your biller’s account is a one-time process. Once it’s linked, you will be able to make instant payments in the future without having to enter your bill account information each time. This step-by-step guide will show you how to pay your electricity bill online through Google Pay:
- Launch Google Pay on your smartphone and unlock the screen lock.
- Tap on Pay bills option on the homepage.
- Next, click on Electricity from the Payment categories.
- Now you will see a list of all electricity billers in India. Choose the one that provides electricity to your home. For example, if you are from Uttar Pradesh, you are getting electricity from UPPCL. A separate UPPCL exists for rural and urban areas.
- In the next step, you will be asked to provide your account number or ID. You can find it mentioned on your electricity bill.
- Enter your nickname (optional) and then tap on Link account button. Now, wait for your current bill to be fetched by Google Pay.
- If there is a pending bill, you will see it on your screen. Tap on Pay bill and then choose your bank account from where you want to deduct the money.
- After that, click on Pay *amount* button and enter your UPI PIN to complete the payment process. That’s it!
You have successfully paid your electricity bill through Google Pay. Tap on the paid amount to see your bill invoice and payment information. Now Google Pay will automatically notify you when you have a new pending bill in the future.
Pay electricity bill in India through Paytm
Paytm is another option that you can use to pay your electricity bill online from any state in India. It has all kinds of payment methods including Paytm wallet, UPI, credit card and debit card. Paytm offers two methods for paying your bijli ka bill online: via the app or directly through the Paytm website. It is almost the same process for both. Here’s how you can use Paytm to pay your electricity bill in India:
- Open the Paytm app on your smartphone or visit the Paytm Electricity Bill Payment webpage through any web browser such as Chrome. Log in to your account or sign up if you are a new user.
- Find the Recharge & Bill Payments section. Click on View More and then select Electricity Bill under Pay your Home Bills.
- Ensure that you are under Electricity Boards. Select your state, then your electricity board. You may be asked to select district/type also.
- Enter your account number which is printed on your electricity bill. You can view sample bill to find where it is located. Adding a nickname to your bill, such as Home or Office, is optional. Tap on Proceed button to continue.
- Now Paytm will fetch your pending bills. Select any payment method that you want to use such as credit card, debit card, Paytm wallet, or UPI and complete the payment process.
Upon successful transaction, the amount will be deducted from your selected payment method and you will receive a confirmation message on your screen. Please note that it may take some time for the bill payment to update on your electricity provider’s database.
Pay electricity bill online through PhonePe
PhonePe is a UPI-based payment app like Google Pay that can be used to pay your electricity bill online from anywhere, at any time. It is a safe, convenient, and easy way. You can pay using your credit or debit card, or your UPI ID. There are no hidden charges, and you will receive instant confirmation of your payment. Follow these simple steps:
- Launch PhonePe app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Go to the Recharge & Pay Bills section and click on Electricity.
- Select your provider name.
- Enter your bill details such as account number (known as Unique Service Number on PhonePe).
- Verify your details before proceeding to payment. Choose your payment method. There are different options available such as PhonePe Wallet/Cashback, UPI, credit card and debit card.
- Finally, click on PAY BILL button and complete the rest of the steps to pay your electricity bill.
You can also enable AutoPay on PhonePe for your recurring bills. With this feature, you can set up your electricity bills to be paid automatically each month, and you’ll never have to worry about forgetting to pay a bill or being late on a payment.
Pay electricity bill through your electricity provider website
This method is similar to how you would pay any other bill online. You simply need to find the online payment portal of your electricity provider. If you are living in India, your electricity bill will be from your state electricity board.
Each state in India has its own online payment portal, so you will need to find the one that is specific to your state. For example, if you are from Uttar Pradesh, you can pay your electricity bill online through the UPPCL portal.
If you have an online account with your electricity provider, you can log in and find your pending bill there. If you don’t have an online account, you can create one using your phone number. Once you’re logged in to the website, look for “Pay Bill Online” option.
Follow the instructions on the website to input your information and pay your bill. You also have to provide your account number or customer ID. A variety of payment methods will be available on the payment page, including net banking, credit card, debit card, UPI and wallets.
Pay electricity bill using BHIM app
BHIM app is a mobile payment app based on UPI which is developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to facilitate digital payments. It also provides the facility to pay online bills for various services including electricity, landline, LPG, FASTag, etc. Here’s how you can use BHIM app to pay your electricity bill:
- Open the BHIM app on your phone and unlock the screen with passcode.
- Click on Electricity option under Bill Pay section.
- Now search for your biller service or electricity provider.
- In the next step, you will be asked to provide your account number or customer ID. Tap on Get bill details button to continue.
- It will not display the bill amount on your screen. Click on Pay and then enter your UPI PIN to make the payment. Having successfully paid your electricity bill, you can now relax.
Frequently asked questions
It is printed on your bill slip. Every consumer is assigned an account number or customer ID which helps the electricity provider to track your usage and store other information. It is usually a 10 or 12 digit unique number that you can find on your electricity bill.
You will get a confirmation message once the payment is done. To confirm if your electricity bill is paid successfully, input your bill details again to fetch latest data and check if the pending bill is still showing. You can also confirm this from your electricity provider’s website.
Yes, online payment of your electricity bill is absolutely safe, and in fact it’s more convenient than offline payment.
Once you add your bill details on Google, Paytm, and PhonePe, you will automatically start receiving monthly reminders for your electricity bill payment through notifications. In this way, you can keep track of your pending bills on a monthly basis.
Pay your electricity bill on the go!
So these were some methods that you can use to pay your electricity bill online in any state of India. Based on which app you prefer for mobile payments, you can use any of these methods. It won’t take you more than 2-3 minutes to complete this task.
Digitalisation in India is on the rise, and this is a great example. Without having to go to the electricity board office for offline payment, you can easily pay your bills from the comfort of your home. Let us know if you have any queries regarding this topic in the comments below.
Read other similar articles:
- How to Receive Money in a Specific Account on Google Pay
- What is UPI 123Pay? How to Send Payments Without Internet
- How to Fix Payment Declined Error on Google Pay
- How to Send and Receive Money on WhatsApp Payments
- Fix All Bank Server Unavailable Issues in Google Pay