Sometimes you don’t like to show your reels on profile grid. This may be either because you don’t like its preview image or you want to keep your reels and normal posts separate on your profile. Luckily, Instagram has this feature which lets you hide any reel from your profile grid. There are two ways you can do this. Not just for the new reel that you are going to post but for those also that you have already posted.
1. Hide Instagram reels from your profile
In this method, we will talk about how you can hide new reels that you are going to post on your Instagram profile. At the time of sharing your reel, you can choose to show it on profile grid. There is an option named “Also share to feed”. If you keep this disabled, then reel won’t appear in your profile grid. Here’s how you can do it –
- Open Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Go to Reels and select the video that you want to post.
- After that, you can edit it by adding text, filter, song, emojis, and GIF.
- On the next screen where you choose cover image and write a caption, you will see a button named “Also share to feed”. It is enabled by default. Just toggle the button to turn it off and then share your reel. This way, your reel will be posted on the reels tabs on your profile but it will not appear in your profile grid.
2. Hide already posted reels from your profile grid
This method is for those reels which you have already posted on your profile and now want to hide them from there. Instagram has also made this possible by giving an option to remove reels from your profile grid. Here’s a step-by-step guide for that –
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Now click on the reel that you want to remove your profile grid.
- Tap the three dots button at the top-right of the post.
- Now a pop-up will appear where you will find “Remove from Profile Grid” option. Just click on this option and your reel will be gone from your profile grid. After this, it will only appear in the reels tab.
Please note that this action can’t be undone. Once you have remove any reel from your profile grid, you can’t added it back again. So this was a short tutorial on how to hide any reel on your Instagram profile. If you liked this, don’t forget to share it with your friends on social media. Also, make sure to check out other Instagram guides on our website. You might be interested to read this article on how to increase your Instagram followers.