About a year ago, India banned plenty of Chinese apps following border conflicts with the country. All the apps were the ones that were quite famous among the Indians and the Chinese makers were making a huge profit out of it. Some of the major banned apps on the list were TikTok, We Chat, Club Factory, Likee, UC News, Helo, UC Browser, Shein, Bigo, Clash of Kings, and not to forget CapCut.
A lot of influencers on TikTok and Instagram used the CapCut app to create professional videos for their viewers. But the ban on the app has left most of them in despair as it is hard to find an app with such advanced effects with such easy usability. Finding the app on the Play Store is not possible and you can’t download it using VPN either. So if you are an influencer and want to edit your videos and shorts with CapCut, then we have a hack for you that you can use to download and use the app despite the ban.
How to download CapCut on Android in India
CapCut is popularly used by Android users from around the world which included Indians a year back. But now that the app is no more available officially, you can’t download it from Play Store. You need some other way to get it on your Android phone and use it. Here’s what you can do.
Download APK file of CapCut
For this task, we will be using APK Mirror website which is one of the most popular alternatives for Play Store. You can easily find APK files of almost any app on this website, including those that are banned in your country.
- Open any browser on you Android phone and go to the APKMirror website. Using the search option at the top, search for CapCut. You will see various versions of the app and we would suggest you to go for the latest one in order to get the best effects, filters, and everything that is currently in trend. Tap on the download icon at the side of the version that you want to download.
- On the next page you need to scroll down and now you will see Different varients of CapCut. Press the download icon in front of any one of them.
- You can see the details about the version you are about to install, all the new features, description, and everything else. Then scroll down and click on DOWNLOAD APK.
- Finally tap on Download again and then you will see a warning that says, such files can harm your device. But there’s nothing to worry as downloading files from APK Mirror is completely safe. Tap on OK to continue.
- With this, the app is downloaded and now install it by tapping on INSTALL option.
Use VPN service to make CapCut work
Your Capcut app is still not ready for being used. In order to use all the available effects and styles, you need to use a VPN service while using CapCut. Install any VPN app of your choice from the Play Store such as TurboVPN. This will change your location from India to any other country like US, UK, or Canada where the app is not banned. Keep the VPN service on till the time CapCut is in use.
Installation and setup are complete and it’s time to edit your photos, shorts, and videos with CapCut now. You need to tap on the New project option on the home screen and then select the photos and media that you want to edit. You will see all the editing options at the bottom like adding text, audio, stickers, overlay, style, effects, canvas, adjust, and so on. One of the best editing features of CapCut that most influencers use is 3D Photo. This effect creates your photo in the most amazing way ever. You can easily find this effect under the Style category by the name 3D Zoom.
How to download CapCut on iPhone in India
Millions of iPhone users in India used to savor the services of CapCut before it was finally taken down by the Indian government. So if you own an iPhone and want to download CapCut, here’s how you can do it. Right now if you try to download the CapCut app from the App Store, you won’t be able to do it because of the ban. But if you change the country of origin then it can be possible. Here’s how you can do this –
- Open App Store on your iPhone or iPad and then select your profile icon at the far right side of the screen.
- Now click on your Apple ID. You will have to enter your password in order to continue further. If you have enabled FaceID on your iOS device, it will automatically verify your identity.
- Next you have to select the Country/Region option and then select Change Country or Region option.
- Among the list of all the countries, select any one where the CapCut app is not in ban like US, UK, Australia and so on. We will recommend you to choose Australia.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of Apple now by tapping on Agree.
- This will take you to the page where you need to fill up some details. Select the payment option as None and then fill address like street, postcode, city, state, phone number and so on. You can fill up wrong information to continue as it doesn’t need to be your genuine address.
As you can see in the below picture, we have filled up a dummy address from Australia. Choose Street as Sydney, enter 6700 as Postcode, City/Suburb again as Sydney and State as New South Wales. Phone can be anything so here we have entered simply 123456789. Please note that postcode is important here so it should be correct and working according to the location you have selected.
- Tap on Next once the information is filled and finally tap on Done. Your App Store will refresh now and you will see all the apps available in that region. Search for CapCut and it will probably appear. Just download it on your iPhone or iPad and start editing your videos right away.
Just like in Android, you can easily use all the effects, styles, and other features of CapCut like 3D Zoom, Text, Filters, and so on. But while using the app, make sure you are connected to a VPN server of a country where the CapCut app is still available. The reason behind using a VPN service is that you will have to download various styles and effects inside CapCut first before using them. There are so many free VPN apps available for iOS which you can find on the App Store. Just install any of them and you are good to go.
Conclusion – Enjoy editing with CapCut
There is no doubt in the fact the CapCut is one the most popular video editing apps for mobile platform. There are more professional apps available in the market like KineMaster, VN, LumaFusion (for iOS) and others but what makes CapCut unique is its simple and easy-to-use user interface. Apart from that, there are some special features, FX, and editing tools which are only available on CapCut and nowhere else. One of them is the famous and trending 3D photo effect which makes your static photos move with 3D zoom effect. You might have seen such viral videos on TikTok and Instagram Reels. These are the reasons which have made the CapCut the number one choice for so many social media influencers and short video creators.
Being originated from China and owned by the same company as TikTok, CapCut was banned in India along with 59 other Chinese apps due to some countries conflict issues. The app was removed from both the Play Store and App Store for users based in India. Even though, people still managed to find some ways to download the CapCut app on their phone by using various methods like VPN, changing country, etc. In this guide, we have shared all these genuine methods that can help you download CapCut app on your iPhone or Android device in India. Hope you find this guide helpful. We will appreciate if you share this article on your social media handles. You can also ask your personal queries regarding CapCut in the comment section below.