A lot of people are facing an issue while adding music to their Instagram stories. The issue is that when you post the story, it doesn’t play the song and shows a message “This song is currently unavailable“. However, the song was playing fine in the story editor before posting.
It looks like there is a bug in the Instagram app. If you are also facing this issue while posting a story with music on Instagram, then this guide will show you how to fix it quickly. We have discussed all the possible root causes of this problem. Without further ado, let’s get started!
Fix “This song is currently unavailable” issue in Instagram story
One of the most common reasons why Instagram shows “This song is currently unavailable” is because your story isn’t posted successfully. When you add a song/music in photo/video on your story, it would take some time for Instagram to process the editing.
If you have just posted a new story recently and it doesn’t play music, then just wait for some time. Make sure that your phone is connected to the internet and you are getting good internet speed. Once the story is posted successfully and you start getting viewer on it, this issue will get fixed automatically.
Other ways to fix “This song is currently unavailable” issue
If you are still seeing the same message “This song is currently unavailable” in your Instagram story even after waiting for some time, then try these methods –
- Clear app cached data – If there is any glitch in the Instagram app, it can be fixed by clearing its cached data. On your Android phone, go to Settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage. After that, click the Clear data button.
This will clear every data of the app so when you will open Instagram next time, it will look like you have installed it again. Login to your Instagram account, check if the song is playing in your story now. If not, then delete the story and repost it again.
- Reinstall the Instagram app – Instead of deleting the cached data of the app, you can also delete the Instagram app from your phone and then reinstall it again. It will do the same thing.
- Update the Instagram app – It might be possible that you are using an older version of the Instagram app. Yes, this can also cause a problem in adding music to your Instagram story. To update the Instagram app, go to the app store on your phone (Google Play Store on Android and Apple App Store on iOS).
- Check your internet connection – Instagram needs a good internet speed to post stories with music. If your internet isn’t working properly, then also you can get “This song is currently unavailable” message. The reason is simple – because your story isn’t posted successfully.
- Try to post your story from any other device – If this works, then it clearly means there is some problem with your phone. The previous methods will most probably fix your problem so you may not actually need to try this one.
- Add music using video editor app – This workaround is a final solution if nothing works for you. To add music in the background of your photo/video, use a simple video editor app like YouCut on your Android phone. After adding the music, you can post it on your Instagram story normally.
How to add music in Instagram story
For those who don’t how to add music in Instagram story, here we have shared a step-by-step guide –
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone/Android device.
- Click the + Your Story option at the top-right corner. Then add the photo or video from the gallery that you want to post on your Instagram story.
- In the story editor interface, click the smiley icon at the top or swipe up the screen. Next, click the Music option there.
- Now find and select the song you want to add. You can listen to the preview by clicking the play button next to the song.
- After that, select the part of the music you want to use, choose time duration and music sticker. Click the Done option at the top-right corner to finish adding the song. You can do other editing in your story like adding text, stickers, and more.
- Finally, post the story on your Instagram. You can also share it on your Facebook at the same time. Wait until it is published and then you won’t see any message like “This song is currently unavailable”.
So that’s everything we want to share with you about this topic. Hope you find this guide helpful. Have you fixed “This song is currently unavailable” issue in your Instagram story after reading this guide? We are looking to hear from you. Share your thoughts in the comment section below.